4 in. x 36 in. Sanding belts for belt sanders and combo sanders
Our Maverick Abrasives premium 4" x 36" sanding belts are high-quality Aluminum Oxide, Silicon Carbide, and Zirconia belts are ideal for edge sanding, bevel grinding, and flat surface sanding. This 4x36 comes in a wide range of grits to compliment all sanding needs from stock removal to fine finishing. These belts are built for durability and superior finishing quality on wood applications. These belts are made with a anti-static, semi-open coat grain structure which prevents these belts from clogging and loading up, which can dramatically affect the life of the belt. These belts will perform 2-3X that of a sanding belt you would get at a home depot, lowes or harbor freight. These are industrial quality sanding belts that are made for DIY projects or large scale production shops.
BEST GUIDE FOR WHAT SANDING BELT MATERIAL TO CHOOSE FOR YOUR 4 X 36 BELT SANDER:
When you are sanding aluminum or wood you have three options of abrasive grain/material for you to choose from.
- Aluminum Oxide – The benefits of going with aluminum oxide are that it is very cost effective if you are looking to spend the least amount possible. You will get decent life and reasonable cutting ability. This is probably the most common material purchased as a result. It is important to note that our aluminum oxide cloth backed belt is poly-cotton, meaning it can be ran wet or dry.
- Zirconia – Zirconia is by far the more premium option for many reasons. Zirconia sanding belts provide far superior cutting power, cutting speed, reduced heat generation and longevity of the belt. Zirconia sanding belts will last about 2 to 3 times longer than aluminum oxide belts! The only downside is that zirconia is only available in 24 grit, 36 grit, 40 grit, 50 grit, 60 grit, 80 grit, 100 grit & 120 grit. If you are going any finer than 120 grit, aluminum oxide will really be your only metal finishing option. This material is made with a premium Y-weight polyester cotton backing that can be ran on your machine wet or dry.
- Silicone Carbide - Silicone carbide is black in color and is known for its sharp, uniform line grains. Silicone carbide will also leave thinner line grains as the grain is much thinner/sharper than an aluminum oxide or zirconia belt. These belts, while they leave the best finish of any of the materials, do not last as long. Silicone carbide lasts about 75% as long as aluminum oxide and only 20% as long as zirconia.
WHAT IS THE BEST SANDING BELT FOR SANDING STAINLESS STEEL OR STEEL?
When you are sanding harder metals such as ferrous metals (metals containing iron) you want a more robust, long lasting material that will hold up under intense heat & pressure. Both our zirconia with a grinding aid and our ceramic #shredder material are made from premium Y-weight polyester backings that allow our materials to be ran wet or dry.
- Zirconia – Our premium zirconia product has a topically infused grinding aid in addition to the grinding aid already embedded in the resin coating fastening the grain to the cloth belt. The reason why you would want to go with this material when sanding stainless steel, steel or other ferrous metals is that it has the earlier mentioned added grinding aid which helps to cool your parts under more intense pressure and heat generation. This makes the belt last 15-20% longer than the other zirconia. This material would also last 5-6 times longer than an aluminum oxide belt!
- CERAMIC (#SHREDDER) - Ceramic Shredder belts come in an orange/reddish color, typical of ceramic grains. The grain structure of these belts provides continuous renewal of the most consistent and uniform cutting edges. The nature of ceramic grain allows for faster cutting and cooler stock removal. While you pay 40% more for ceramic over zirconia, you will get rewarded in dividends as this material lasts 2-3 times longer than zirconia!
Common 4" x 36" belt sanders that these belts are typically used on and can be found at home depot, lowes and harbor freight:
Central Machinery 4 in. x 36 in. belt/ 6 in. disc sander
Toughworks 1/2HP combo 4" x 36" belt/ 6" disc sander
Rikon RIK-50-112 4" x 36" and 6" disc sander
Eastwood 4 inch x 36 inch belt w/ 6 inch disc sander
WEN 4.3 AMP corded 4 in. x 36 in. belt and 6 in. disc sander with cast iron base
WEN 6502t 4 3 amp 4 x 36 belt and 6 in disc sander
Kalamazoo 4" x 36" belt sander Model S4SKalamazoo
Bucktool 4" x 36" BD4801
JET 578436 IBGB-436 8 in industrial grinder
RYobi 4 in x 36 in belt and disc sander