BEST SANDPAPER FOR DRUM SANDERS
This is one continuous abrasive roll that is 25 yards in length that can wrap around any diameter drum sander such as 16”, 19”, 22”, 25”, 37” etc. Simply wrap the roll around the drum and cut at the desired length. Each Roll makes between 5 – 10 sanding drums depending on the size. These are plain backed cloth rolls that have long life and are very durable for any woodworking or metalworking needs. These are the best drum sander rolls that you can get for any woodworking application in your woodshop!
If you are looking for drum sander conveyor feed belts we stock them here!
**These are NOT hook & loop backed!!
3" Rolls fit the following & more:
Jet Performax 10-20 = ~13 wraps, 22-44 = ~6 wraps , 25-2 = ~6 wraps, 16-32 = 9 wraps, Woodtek 25-2 = 6 wraps / roll, Ryobi WDS1600 = 9 wraps /roll . There are many more drum sanders that also fit the 3" that we dont have listed here
HOW DO YOU WRAP A DRUM SANDER?
As we demonstrate in the video below, drum sanders are wrapped by grabbing one end of the sandpaper and inserting it into either the hole OR the clip, depending on your drum sander. Once it is clipped or tucked into the hole, you simply wrap the sandpaper around the drum, making sure to not leave any gaps between the sandpaper. The other end should clip in exactly like the first end that you started with.
What sandpaper do you use on a drum sander?
Drum sanders are typically used when sanding wood, however can sometimes be used to sand aluminum or stainless steel surfaces. In both cases, aluminum oxide closed coat X-weight sandpaper is recommended because it has long life, great durability and will leave the best finish. Aluminum oxide sandpaper is perfectly designed to give you the best bang for your buck and be durable so that the wrap doesn't come apart on the drum before the end of its life.
MAVERICK ABRASIVES IS THE #1 SUPPLIER FOR DRUM SANDER ROLLS BECAUSE OF A FEW SIMPLE POINTS:
- Made from a heavy duty CLOTH backing that is an x-weight poly cotton backing which can be pressure washed & re-used to unclog the belt if sanding softwood!
- We manufacture our rolls to with a premium heat treated aluminum oxide grain that is PERFECT for withstanding heat and pressure that these drum sander machines generate.
- LONG LIFE! Our sandpaper rolls are long life as we durable materials in our factory.
- You get up to 20 drum wraps with just one of our rolls! This is the best deal and pricing on the web, guaranteed!
What sets our drum sander rolls apart from others?
1. We are a manufacturer, which is a big reason why our price is so outstanding on these drum sanding rolls. We simple cut down one of our premium cloth backed jumbo rolls into small rolls which makes the process easy for us and the customer. Simply take these rolls and follow the given diagram to properly cut these rolls to spec. This cut takes seconds yet saves you 50% from other brands!
2. We use a premium plain (they do not have velcro) backed poly-cotton backing aluminum oxide material that is sturdy and heavy duty for even the most heavy duty drum sanding applications. We stock our drum sander rolls in 36 grit which is for heavy stock removal, and go all the way up to 220 grit! For finer applications please give us a call and we can accomodate 320, 400 & even 600 grit if needed!
3. What truly sets ours apart is the number of wraps you can get around your drum with just one roll! while drum sizes can vary from 10" all the way up to 37", you can get up to 15 wraps on a 3" wide drum sanding roll with a 10" drum size! You cannot find this deal anywhere else!
How do you cut sandpaper on a drum sander?
Drum sanders are wrapped around a drum sander drum by using an X-weight cloth sandpaper roll and first cutting the proper angles. The proper cut angle is required to properly fit the sandpaper on the drum sander drum. You can either take a 3" square cut sandpaper and line it up with an old sandpaper drum sheet OR you can buy an already pre-cut roll. Woodworkers find that buying the 3" wide square roll offers a MUCH better price than buying the pre-made cut rolls due to the better performance of the 3" square rolls. THe following video demonstrates exactly how to cut your sandpaper:
What is the best drum sander for sanding wood?
If you are looking for the best quality 10" drum sander that is affordable & has a fantastic build quality we highly recommend the JET JWDS-1020
If you are looking for the best quality 18" drum sander that is a great deal but also has a wider surface that will sander larger pieces of wood for your project we highly recommend the Grizzly Industrial G0458Z
If you are looking for a very wide drum sander, you will probably want to go with a 22" wide. This drum sander will be superior quality and up to any job involving a project that is up to to 22" wide. For this width we recommend the JET JWDS-2244
Common Drum sander machines:
Grizzly makes many fine drum sander machines such as the G0459 , G1066Z, W1740 , W1773 , G0716, G0449, G1066R, G0450, W1678, G0920, W1772 etc. These are absolutely amazing drum sanders, many of which are compatible with our drum sander rolls.
Other common drum sanders include the JEt 723520K, Powermatic 1792244 PM2244 Drum sander, Powermatic 1791290 DDS225 25" dual drum sander, Powermatic 1791320 DDS-237 37" dual drum sander .
What roll does the JET 60-9080 take?
This roll takes a 3" wide roll!